Thursday, November 1, 2012

Blog Entry #1


Cafe on the Vine

Blog Entry 1:
        I am going to be volunteering at Cafe on the Vine starting this friday!  I am hoping that I can help others and gain more of an appreciation for all of the things I have been blessed with.  I am trying to keep an open mind about the people we will be serving at my site.  I assume they are just normal people with normal lives, and they just are at a spot in their life where they need a little extra help.  They all have had experiences and all have something to contribute to society!  I would assume or at least hope that the people that work there would have the same mentality and would have an attitude of service and a want to go out of their way to help others.  The site I imagine will be set up kind of like a cafe! I am excited to help serve at Cafe on the Vine because, ever since about 5th grade my friends and I have helped at different places around my home town of Morton IL. and I always have fun and learn so much from the people there! This opportunity is a way for me to get involved in the community and I figure if I can make somebody's day a little better than the work was all worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment